Working with and through communities to achieve sustainable development by promoting social and environmental justice
More specifically, AVA’s objectives are:
- To establish institutions and platforms for empowering people to fight poverty.
- To create institutions and frameworks to facilitate the sharing of material and personal resources by using an African approach.
- To facilitate the pursuit of education, training, research and consultancy in different areas to promote social and environmental justice.
- To make known and operationalise national and international legal instruments relating to promoting social justice, and conservation of animal and plant biodiversity.
- To contribute towards promotion of the UN Sustainable Development Goals especially in relation to gender, environment, disability, employment and food security.
- To create and use international and international networks for promoting social and environmental justice, by prioritising African cultural practices.