The aim of AVA is to foster social and environmental justice using volunteers resources.
The objectives of AVA are:
- To give value to and use the African cultural and material resources in eradicating poverty;
- To establish projects, including schools, hospitals and farms, aimed at empowering its members with the capacity to fight poverty among themselves, in their communities and society at large;
- To create institutions and frameworks to facilitate the sharing of material and personal resources among its members so as to participate in the eradication of all that dehumanizes human beings, especially in Africa;
- To use a holistic approach to enhance health, including promotion of food security;
- To facilitate the pursuit of research in different areas to promote sharing, solidarity and the improvement of the material welfare of the members and their communities;
- To use a practical approach in learning and educational programmes of AVA;
- To participate at local, national and other levels, in efforts of promoting proper management of the environment and natural resources.